Important Notice

To find information about the COVID-19 virus, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada's website.

We are working hard to update the information for first priority services in our database. To find a list of resources with confirmed COVID-19 related closures or notices, click here.

Canada. Canada Learning Bond

Alternate Name Canada Education Savings Program ; CESP ; CLB ; Employment and Social Development Canada ; ESDC ; OCR ; Registered Education Savings Plan ; RESP
Location & Accessibility
Located In Community Gatineau
Address & Map
Gatineau, QC
View Google Map
Mailing Address c/o The Canada Education Savings Program, Employment and Social Development Canada 
140 promenade du Portage, Mailstop: Bag 4 
Gatineau, QC K1A 0J9
Physical Access Not Applicable
Description and Services
Description (Service) Money that the Government of Canada deposits into a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) to help parents save for a child's education after high school. The Government can deposit up to $2,000. 
A RESP is an education savings account set up with a financial institution like a bank or a credit union, or group plan dealer. The money in the RESP will grow tax free until it can be used for expenses related to their studies in apprenticeship programs, CEGEPs, colleges, trade schools, or universities. A RESP can stay open for 35 years; this means the child can still use the Canada Learning Bond (as well as any Canada Education Savings Grant and provincial education savings incentives) in the RESP if they decide to delay their studies after high school until later in life.
Hours There are no office hours
Areas Served Canada
Eligibility Children born on or after January 1, 2004; who are residents of Canada; who have a valid Social Insurance Number; and who are from low-income families. 
Beginning July 1, 2017, eligibility is based, in part, on the number of qualified children and the adjusted income of the primary caregiver. 
Children in care, for whom a Children's Special Allowance is payable, automatically qualify for the Canada Learning Bond.
Application Individuals applying on behalf of a child must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for themselves and for the child and then open a Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP), through an approved RESP promoter (click here for the list of promoter). Once the application is approved, the Government of Canada will directly deposit the Canada Learning Bond into the RESP every year that the child is eligible.

Visit the website for more details.
Languages English ; French
Fees None
Service Categories Student Financial Aid
Contact Information
Office Phone Toll free 1-800-622-6232 (1-800-O-CANADA)
TTY Phone Toll free 1-800-926-9105
Other Details
Resources Website

Please Note: Every effort is made to ensure that the information in this database is accurate, up-to-date and comprehensive. The Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CIC) cannot assume liability resulting from errors or omissions. Inclusion of a programme or service does not imply endorsement, nor does omission reflect on the contribution that an organization makes in a community. The reader should verify the information before acting on it.

This Site is linked to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by the Community Information Centre of Ottawa (CIC). The CIC is not responsible for the content of those websites. The CIC is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link to such websites does not imply endorsement by the CIC of those websites. Anyone linking to this site must comply with these Terms and all applicable laws.