Service: Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre - Substance Use and Concurrent Disorders Program
|Record #: OCR0917||Last Full Update: 18 Feb 2015|
|Address, Telephone, E-mail, Website|
|Office Phone||613-722-6521 ext 6508|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Address||1145 Carling Ave
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K4
View Google Map
|Intersection||Merivale Rd and Carling Ave|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|Parking||Pay parking lot|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Offers a family program for spouse or significant other of alcohol or drug user * an evening treatment program, assessment and outpatient treatment program for concurrent disorders * support groups for specific populations * outpatient clinic * outreach and a school-based program for at-risk youth.
Program operates an Early Intervention Program (EIP) in collaborating area schools based on a train-the-trainer model. It is a healthy life style closed group program to which youth in affiliated schools can self-refer. They are accepted pending an initial screening assessment by the EIP staff and are expected to attend regularly. Sessions are held during school hours and supported by school administration. The target population is youth in affiliated schools who are at risk of developing problems with substance use. Access is through the participating schools.
The Substance Use and Concurrent Disorders Program provides many different services:
* Family Program, which focuses on family recovery (for spouse or significant other of alcohol or drug abuser).
* Evening Program, which is an outpatient treatment program based primarily on an educational model.
* Assessment, individualized therapy and follow-up for those with concurrent disorders (addiction and mental illness).
* Meadow Creek Addiction Treatment Centre, 21-day residential plus 5 days of day treatment. Also available on a day treatment basis.
* Assessment and Stabilization Unit.
* Early Intervention Program: 613-722-6521 ext 6122.
* Outpatient Assessment and Detoxification.
* Community Outreach for Concurrent Disordered Clients: 613-722-6521 ext 6130.
* Outpatient Clinic - designed to introduce clients to basic concepts about addiction through group discussion, lectures, videos and tapes.
* School-based program for at-risk youth (Early Intervention).
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Frontenac County ; Hastings County ; Lanark County ; Leeds and Grenville United Counties ; Lennox and Addington County ; Ottawa (City of) ; Prescott and Russell United Counties ; Prince Edward County ; Renfrew County ; Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry United Counties|
|Eligibility||The Family Program is for spouse or significant other. Self-referral or other.
For all programs except Early Intervention Program participants must be 18 or older.
For Early Intervention program: youth 12-18 years of age and their families.
|Application||Referrals through 613-722-6521 ext 6508 and initial assessment is by an addiction physician.|
|Fees||Service - Covered by the Ontario Health Card|
|Service Categories||Comprehensive Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatment ; Detoxification ; Drug Use Disorder Education/Prevention ~ At Risk Youth ; Families/Friends of Individuals With a Drug Use Disorder Support Groups ; Families/Friends of Individuals With an Alcohol Use Disorder Support Groups ; Family Counselling ~ Families/Friends of Indidivuals With an Alcohol Use Disorder ; Family Counselling ~ Families/Friends of Individuals With a Drug User Disorder ; Outreach Programs ~ Dual Diagnosis ; Relapse Prevention Programs ; Student Health Programs ~ Substance Use Disorder Issues|
|Waiting List||Eight-week wait for initial appointment. Four to eight weeks wait for treatment after an appointment. * May change at any time|
|Primary Executive||George Weber, President and Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 613-722-6521 ext 6389|