|Record #: OCR0577||Last Full Update: 26 Jan 2017|
|Alternate Name||CV19 ; OCR ; VAC Assistance Service ; Veterans Affairs Canada Assistance Service|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Address & Map||
S.B.I. Building, Billings Bridge Plaza
2323 Riverside Dr, 2nd Flr
Ottawa, ON K1A 0P5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Bank St and Riverside Dr|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or Route Timetable|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 (23 April 2020) VAC offices and Service Canada centres are not open to the public due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). You can continue to connect with us through My VAC Account secure messaging or by calling 1-866-522-2122 or VAC Assistance Service 1-800-567-5803.
Visit their website for more details.
Counsels and advises Veterans and their dependents concerning entitlement under Veteran's Legislation.
* accepts and initiates applications for Veterans' benefits including health care applications, Service Benevolent Funds and trust funds
* provides information and referral services to social welfare and health agencies
* assessment of Veterans with physical or mental disabilities and placement in an appropriate treatment centre: Perley and Rideau Veterans' Health Centre at 613-526-7170
* may provide financial assistance to veterans where services are not otherwise covered
* VAC Assistance Service: short term counselling and/or crisis intervention.
Click here for the Benefits Payment Calendar
|Hours||COVID-19 -- Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm * VAC Assistance Service Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Eligibility||Veterans and their dependents * serving and retired members of the Canadian Forces and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)|
|Application||Call to apply|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Service Categories||Geriatric Assessment ~ Veterans ; Nursing Facility Referrals ~ Veterans ; Service Cost Payment Assistance ~ Veterans ; Specialized Information and Referral ~ Families of Military Personnel/Veterans ; Specialized Information and Referral ~ Veteran/Military Personnel Issues ; Specialized Information and Referral ~ Veterans ; Veteran Burial Benefits ; Veteran Disability Pension ; Veteran Treatment Cards ; Veteran/Military Hotlines ; Veterans Health Programs|
|Office Phone||English, toll free 1-866-522-2122 * French, toll free 1-866-522-2022|
|TTY Phone||Veterans Affairs Canada (VAC) Assistance Service 1-800-567-5803|
|Crisis Phone||VAC Assistance Service 1-800-268-7708|