Site: Ottawa - Alice St
Service: École Le Transit
|Record #: OCR0457||Last Full Update: 16 Dec 2016|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Amalgamation of various centers that provide services to students with special needs. "L’école Le Transit" serves the francophone community of both the public and catholic school board.
* "Centre de traitement de jour". Partner program with the "Centre psychosocial". Located at the "école élémentaire catholique Horizon-Jeunesse". Therapeutic services are offered to primary school students.
* "Milieu de l’enfant". Located in the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) Education services offered to student from elementary to high school. In partnership with the CHEO hospital.
* The "Programme jeunes parents" is located at 135, Alice St. Education services for young parents at the high school level. In partnership with the "Centre psychosocial pour enfants et familles d'Ottawa".
* The Innes detention centre. Located on Innes road. Education services offered to French students of the detention centre. In partnership with the Innes detention centre.
* "Centre éducatif des services à la jeunesse". Located in the "école secondaire De La Salle". Education services for students 12 to 15 years old. In partnership with Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa.
* "Centre ADO du Millénium" is located in the "école secondaire publique Gisèle-Lalonde". Education services for students in the intermediate to high school level. In partnership with the CHEO hospital.
* William E. Hay Centre located at 3000, Hawthorne Rd. Education services for francophone students from the intermediate to high school level. In partnership with Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa.
* Sherwood detention centre. Located at 2887, Riverside Rd. Education services for francophone students from the intermediate to high school level. In partnership with Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa.
* "Le Royal d'Ottawa" mental health centre. Education services for patients from intermediate to high school level. In partnership with the Royal Ottawa Hospital.
* "Maison Fraternité". Located on Olmstead St. Education services for high school students in the day program and in the residential program. In partnership with the "Maison Fraternité".
* "Programme Répit-Transit". Located at 2147, Loyola avenue, inside the public school Séraphin-Marion. Education services for elementary school students. In partnership with "Centre psychosocial pour enfants et familles d'Ottawa".
* "Programme évitement scolaire". Education services offered in different public, Catholic, and francophone high schools in the Ottawa region. In partnership with the CHEO hospital.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Frontenac County ; Hastings County ; Lanark County ; Leeds and Grenville United Counties ; Lennox and Addington County ; Ottawa (City of) ; Prescott and Russell United Counties ; Prince Edward County ; Renfrew County ; Stormont, Dundas and Glengarry United Counties|
|Eligibility||Ages: 4 year(s) - 23 year(s)
To be admitted into these programs, the student must be 4-23 years old and must be accepted through the center's standards. Each centre has developed an expertise in a specific domain such as : mental health, drug dependence, school avoidance, behaviour, hospital care.
|Application||The admission for most programs comes from a committee. The discharge from this program is decided in collaboration between the school and the centre's clinic.|
|Service Categories||Hospital Instruction ~ Young Adults ~ Francophone Community ; Special Education Classes/Centres ~ Young Adults ~ Francophone Community|
|Waiting List||On occasion|
|Primary Contact||Susie Ouellette, Principal; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Sylvie Rainville, Administrative agent|
|Primary Executive||Edith Dumont, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 613-742-8960|
|Alternate Executive||Matthieu Vachon, School Superintendent; Phone: 613 742-8960|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Vanier|
|Address & Map||
École Le Transit, Pavillon Trille des Bois
135 Alice St, Ste 200
Ottawa, ON K1L 7X5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Alice St and St-Charles St|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - By Alice St|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Education * Ministry of Community and Social Services ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 122864614 RR0001|
|Elections||School Trustees are elected.|
|Accreditation||Operates under the Education Act and its regulations|