Site: École Le Transit
|Record #: OCR0457||Last Full Update: 16 Aug 2019|
|Alternate Name||CEPEO ; Programmes soins, traitements, services de gardes et correctionnels (STGC)|
|Former Name||Section 23|
|Legal Name||Programmes soins, traitements, services de gardes et correctionnels (STGC)|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Ottawa (City of)|
|Address & Map||
Conseil des école publiques de l'Est de l'Ontario - École Le Transit
2445 St-Laurent Blvd S
Ottawa, ON K1G 6C3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Conroy Rd and St-Laurent Blvd|
|Mailing Address||c/o Susie Ouellette, principal of École Le Transit
Conseil des écoles publiques de l'Est de l'Ontario (CEPEO)
2445 St-Laurent Blvd S
Ottawa, On K1G 6C3
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or Route Timetable|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - By St-Laurent Blvd|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Amalgamation of various centers that provide services to students with special needs. "L’école Le Transit" serves the francophone community of both the public and catholic school board.
* "Centre de traitement de jour". Partner program with the "Centre psychosocial". Located at the "école élémentaire catholique Horizon-Jeunesse". Therapeutic services are offered to primary school students.
* "Milieu de l’enfant". Located in the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) Education services offered to student from elementary to high school. In partnership with the CHEO hospital.
* The "Programme jeunes parents" is located at 135, Alice St. Education services for young parents at the high school level. In partnership with the "Centre psychosocial pour enfants et familles d'Ottawa".
* The Innes detention centre. Located on Innes road. Education services offered to French students of the detention centre. In partnership with the Ottawa Carleton Detention Centre on Innes road.
* "Centre éducatif des services à la jeunesse". Located in the "école secondaire Omers Deslauriers". Education services for students 12 to 15 years old. In partnership with Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa.
* "Centre ADO du Millénium" is located in the "école secondaire publique Gisèle-Lalonde". Education services for students in the intermediate to high school level. In partnership with the CHEO hospital.
* William E. Hay Centre located at 3000, Hawthorne Rd. Education services for francophone students from the intermediate to high school level. In partnership with Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa.
* Sherwood detention centre. Located at 3000, Hawthorne Rd. Education services for francophone students from the intermediate to high school level. In partnership with Youth Services Bureau of Ottawa.
* "Le Royal d'Ottawa" mental health centre. Education services for patients from intermediate to high school level. In partnership with the Royal Ottawa Hospital.
* "Maison Fraternité". Located on Olmstead St. Education services for high school students in the day program and in the residential program. In partnership with the "Maison Fraternité".
* "Programme Répit-Transit". Located at 2147, Loyola avenue, inside the public school Séraphin-Marion. Education services for elementary school students. In partnership with "Centre psychosocial pour enfants et familles d'Ottawa".
* "Programme évitement scolaire". Education services offered in different public, Catholic, and francophone high schools in the Ottawa region. In partnership with the CHEO hospital.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8 am-4 pm, Sep-Jun|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 4 year(s) - 21 year(s)
To be admitted into these programs, the student must be 4-21 years old and must be accepted through the center's standards. Each centre has developed an expertise in a specific domain such as : mental health, drug dependence, school avoidance, behaviour, hospital care.
|Application||The admission for most programs comes from a committee. The discharge from this program is decided in collaboration between the school and the centre's clinic.|
|Service Categories||Hospital Instruction ~ Young Adults ~ Francophone Community ; Special Education Classes/Centres ~ Young Adults ~ Francophone Community|
|Waiting List||On occasion|
|Primary Contact||Susie Ouellette, Principal|
|Alternate Contact||Louise Pilon, Administrative Agent; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Edith Dumont, Chief Executive Officer; Phone: 613-742-8960|
|Alternate Executive||Ann Mahoney, School Superintendent; Phone: 613 742-8960; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Education ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 122864614 RR0001|
|Elections||School Trustees are elected.|
|Accreditation||Operates under the Education Act and its regulations|