|Record #: OCR0447||Last Full Update: 04 Jun 2019|
|Alternate Name||Citizen Advocacy of Ottawa|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Address & Map||
1 Community Place
312 Parkdale Ave
Ottawa, ON K1Y 4X5
View Google Map
|Intersection||Parkdale Ave and Scott St|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or Route Timetable|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Parking||Free parking * free occasional parking on the street|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Supports people across the disability spectrum and their families through a number of programs:
* Everyday Champions: one-on-one, long-term matches between a volunteer advocate and a person with a disability who is looking for friendship.
* Chance for Choice: matches older people with disabilities, who are isolated and vulnerable, with volunteer advocates in one-on-one, long-term relationships.
* Lifetime Networks: helps families plan and provide a good life for their loved one, both now and in the future by creating a personal support network for the person with a disability * see separate record for details.
* Person-Directed Planning: opportunity for people with disabilities, with the guidance of an independent facilitator, to dream, plan and take ownership for the direction of their lives.
* Fetal Alcohol Resource Program: service navigation for individuals affected by fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) and their families * see separate record for details.
* Walking in My Shoes: monthly meeting for parents of children and youth with special needs to meet, greet and share experiences * see separate record for details.
* Children's Sibling Support Group: chance to meet other children who really understand how having a sibling with a disability is unique.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9 am-5 pm, Fri 9 am-4:30 pm, Sep-Jun * Mon-Fri 9 am-4:30 pm, Jul-Aug|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Eligibility||People with physical, developmental, intellectual, mental health, age-related and multiple diagnoses challenges|
|Application||Call or send an email for more information|
|Languages||English ; French|
|Fees||None - for most programs, call or send an email to confirm|
|Service Categories||Adult Mentoring Programs ~ Developmental Disabilities ; Adult Mentoring Programs ~ Mental Illness/Emotional Disabilities ; Adult Mentoring Programs ~ Older Adults ; Adult Mentoring Programs ~ Physical Disabilities ; Disability Rights Groups ; Health/Disability Related Support Groups ~ Families/Friends of People with Disabilities ; Subject Specific Public Awareness/Education ~ Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-222-2138|
|Primary Contact||Maria Redpath, Manager: Communications, Engagement & Fundraising; Phone: 613-761-9522 ext 222; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||Heather Lacey, Executive Director; Phone: 613-761-9522 ext 225; Email: email@example.com|
|Funding||City / Town ; Provincial ; Grants - Foundation grants ; Fundraising ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 130362817 RR0001 ; United Way ; Membership fees|
|Elections||The Board of Directors is elected.|
|Print Material||"Rapport", a newsletter issued 3 times per year|