Service: Canada-Ontario Affordable Housing Program
|Record #: KGN1942||Last Full Update: 27 Jun 2019|
|Alternate Name||Home ownership assistance ; Lanark County Social Services ; OCR|
|Public Comments||There is no funding available for this program until April 2019.|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Located In Community||Perth|
|Address & Map||
Social Housing Department, County of Lanark, Administration Building
99 Christie Lake Rd
Perth, ON K7H 3C6
View Google Map
|Intersection||Sunset Blvd and Christie Lake Rd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Description and Services|
|Description (Service)||Provides down payment assistance to individuals and families to buy a home.
* The home must the the sole and principal residence of the approved homeowner.
* Maximum amount of 5% of the purchase price.
* Affordable Housing Program (AHP) down payment will be registered on title, in the form of a 20 year mortgage.
* The mortgage is interest free for the 20 year period.
* AHP down payment assistance plus 5% of the appreciation on the property will be repayable to the County of Lanark in the event that the purchaser leases, rents or sells the property, or if ownership should change as a result of the death of the homeowner within a 20 year time frame.
* The down payment assistance mortgage will be released on the 20th anniversary date of the home purchase at the request of the homeowner.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Lanark County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* be 18 years of age
* have confirmation of qualification for mortgage financing
* be currently renting in Lanark County and buying a sole and principal residence in Lanark County
* not own a home or have any vested interest in a residence
* have household income below $91,400
* provide the two (2) most current years of Income Tax Assessments for all adult members of the household upon request
* be purchasing a home for $305,372 or less
* if purchasing a resale home, must have a home inspection completed at buyers expense
* applicants are required to participate in an information session regarding the purchase of a home
|Application||All prospective homeowners must complete an application form and provide supporting information and documentation as required * application forms available at the office, by calling or on the website * applicants must provide an accepted offer to purchase a home within a 120 day limit or the home ownership offer will be withdrawn and another application chosen|
|Service Categories||Home Purchase/Construction Financing/Refinancing|
|Office Phone||613-267-4200 ext 2403|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-952-6275|
|Primary Contact||Wendy Giasson, Housing Services Caseworker; Phone: 613-267-4200 ext 2403 * 613-283-6045|
|Alternate Contact||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Funding||Regional / Municipal ; Provincial ; Federal|