|Address, Telephone, E-mail, Website|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Mailing Address||c/o O.A.S.C.N.A. |
Ottawa, ON K1P 5P9
|Office Phone||Automated information and answering machine 613-236-4674|
|Toll Free Phone||Automated information and answering machine 1-888-922-7822|
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Information line Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Meetings||Numerous meetings are held on a regular basis. Call or visit Website for locations and times.|
|Description||Community-based organization for recovering addicts and those who have a desire to stop using drugs. Members offer peer support to one another on how to live a drug-free life and recover from the effects of addiction. Membership is not limited to addicts using any particular drugs. Those who think they may have a problem with drugs, legal or illegal, including alcohol, are welcome. |
* A 24-hour automated phone line, primarily to give the time and location of meetings and respond to addicts within 24 hours.
* A website which provides the same information as the automated phone line and more about Narcotics Anonymous (NA) across Canada.
* Meetings seven days a week, all of which are open to anyone with a desire to stop using drugs, most meetings hold monthly "open meetings" for attendance by anyone.
* Literature to those who request it: Meeting lists are free as is some informational literature. Additional recovery literature is available at a nominal fee.
* Several sub-committees, served by trusted members, one of which is Public Relations. This sub-committee can provide information to organizations that wish to know more about the NA program and how it has helped people remain drug-free. NA speakers providing information sessions are available at no charge to staff and clients of interested organizations.
Meetings in French in Gatineau and Ottawa can be found through the Outaouais Area of NA website: www.naquebec.org/outaouais
|Eligibility||Anyone with a desire to stop using drugs|
|Application||Come to any meeting, drop-in|
|Fees||Donation - NA is self-supporting through voluntary member contributions ; None - There are no fees or dues to become a member|
|Languages of Service||English|
|Areas Served||Brockville ; Carleton Place ; Cornwall ; Morrisburg ; Ottawa (City of) ; Pembroke ; Perth ; Québec - Maniwaki ; Renfrew ; Smiths Falls|
|Subjects||Addictions ; Adults ; Drug addiction ; Free services ; Health ; Nonprofit organizations ; Self help groups ; Support groups ; Young adults ; Youth|
|Service Categories - Blue Book||Health|
|Broader Terms||Addictions ; Adults ; Age groups ; Disorders ; Groups ; Health ; Organizations ; Reduced cost services|