Better Beginnings Better Futures
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Description||Provides support and services to families with children 0 to 5 years old who live on Albion Road N, Heatherington, Fairlea, Walkley, Banff and Ledbury neighbourhoods of South-East Ottawa. |
* Playgroup: Fun-time * lots of toys * good snacks * a place for children to learn and make friends * a chance for parents/caregivers to meet other parents/caregivers * open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 am-12:30 pm
* Family Visiting: Family visitors offer friendly and confidential support, help with everyday issues * will meet in your home or wherever you would like * will give you information on pregnancy, birth, child development and stimulation as well as help with connecting with resources such as housing, Ontario Works, schools, child care, etc.
* Books for Babes: Family visitors come to your home and show parents how to use books in a variety of fun ways to help children learn to express themselves, learn words and eventually read.
* Clothing Bank: Free used clothes in the basement of the Community House at 1485 Heatherington, Unit 22, Open Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9 am-4 pm, and Thursday till 12 noon.
* Community nurse: Available to pregnant women and families with young children * Provides information and health services
* Drop-in anytime: Visit, come to get support and information at the Community House.
* Community Connections Worker: On Wednesdays, help for newcomers to Canada who may have issues regarding immigration, sponsorships, integration, citizenship, etc.
|Eligibility||Parents with children 0-5 years old * pregnant women|
|Application||Call for more information|
|Languages of Service||English ; French ; Arabic ; Somali|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of) - South-East|
|Boundaries||Neighbourhoods of Albion, Heatherington, Ledbury, Walkley and Fairlea|
|Primary Contact||Kelli Tonner, Program Manager; Phone: 613-737-7195 ext 2407; Email: Kellit@seochc.on.ca|
|Alternate Contact||Linda Martin, Family Visiting Coordinator; Phone: 613-737-7195 ext 3119|
|Primary Executive||Leslie McDiarmid, Executive Director; Phone: 613-737-7195 ext 2414; Email: LeslieM@seochc.on.ca|
|Alternate Name||SEOCHC ; South East Ottawa Community Health Centre|
|Former Name||South-East Ottawa Centre for a Healthy Community (2008)|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Address||1485 Heatherington Rd SE, Unit 22|
Ottawa, ON K1V 8Z4
|Intersection||Bank St and Walkley Rd|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Mailing Address||c/o Linda Martin |
1485 Heatherington Rd, Unit 22
Ottawa, ON K1V 8Z4
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|Subjects||Breastfeeding ; Charitable status ; Children ; Clothing ; Drop-in centres ; Early childhood education ; Families ; Family life education ; Family support ; Free services ; Friendly visiting ; Infants ; Matching services ; Nonprofit organizations ; Parent and child programs ; Parenting support ; Parents ; Postnatal care ; Pregnancy ; Prenatal care ; Preschool children ; Support groups ; Toddlers ; Used goods ; Women ; Youth|
|Accreditation||Yes, by Community Organizational Health Inc. * Member of the Association of Ontario Health Centres. * Member of the Ontario Community Support Association.|
|Print Material||Books * pamphlets|
|Resources||Website * videos|
|Established||1973 * Program: 1991|
|Elections||The Board of Directors is elected.|
|Funding||Provincial - Ministry of Children and Youth Services ; Donations - Charitable Registration Number: 133465310 RR0001|