Lowertown Community Resource Centre
|Address, Telephone, E-mail, Website|
|Address||40 Cobourg St, North side door|
Ottawa, ON K1N 8Z6
|Intersection||Vanier Pkwy and St Patrick St|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm, September-May * Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm, June-August|
|Description||This Centre provides information and referral services * crisis intervention * counselling services (individual and family) * support group for abused women * home support services * Community Development Program * youth program * early years program * multicultural program * a school based program. |
Programs and services include:
* Contact Ottawa: A voice mail box service for those who are unable to maintain a home phone line. Three months for $20
* Parent-Child Playgroup: For children 6 years old and under and their parents or caregivers
* Multicultural Program: Facilitates the integration of people of various ethnic backgrounds who are new to Canada through services and activities such as counselling, drop-ins, exercise groups and collective kitchens
* Community Garden
* Lowertown Good Food Box
* Home Management Counselling Services (City of Ottawa): Home support services, such as light housekeeping and child care as well as home management counselling on budgeting, nutrition and parenting. Trains and employs part-time workers for this program.
* Catholic Family Services: counselling for individuals, families, couples and groups in areas such as personal difficulties, parent-child relations, violence and incest.
* Healthy Babies, Healthy Children: This program is geared to support parents with children between the ages of 0-6 years old
* Health Promotion (Public Health): Public Health nurse offers services to help adults prevent disease and stay healthy through good nutrition, physical activity, healthy lifestyle, stress management and smoking cessation.
* Income Tax Clinics: Free income tax clinics for Lowertown residents that are low income.
* Collective Kitchen: Possibility to meet twice a month to plan and prepare 5 nutritious, economical and freezable meals to serve at home.
* Women Alive aerobic classes are offered weekly (Monday and Thursday from 11 am-12 noon at $1/per session) as well as free swim available for women only (Thursday 1 pm-2 pm)
* Youth Programs: Homework Club (6-17 year olds) * Club 310 (a recreational based program) for youth aged 6-11 * Youth Centre drop-in offered to 12-17 year olds, where various activities are offered
* Youth counselling program: Support and counselling are offered to children and youth individually or in groups
* Lowertown, Our Home Project: A partnership between residents and various community partners who actively engage community members in identifying common concerns, community solutions and preventative measures to build a safe and healthy community.
|Eligibility||Residents of Lowertown|
|Application||To find the centre serving your area, visit this link: www.coalitionottawa.ca/en/find-your-chrc.aspx|
|Fees||Service - Fees for long-term counselling service, geared-to-income ; None|
|Languages of Service||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - on request|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of) - Lowertown area|
|Boundaries||North-South: Ottawa River to Rideau St |
East-West: Rideau River to Sussex Dr
|Primary Contact||Diane Pétrin, Executive Assistant; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Sonia Pouliot, Interim Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Subjects||Abuse ; Adults ; Charitable status ; Children ; Computers ; Counselling ; Crisis intervention ; Family therapy ; Family violence ; Food action projects ; Free services ; Homeless people ; Immigrants ; Income tax clinics ; Infants ; Marriage counselling ; Mental health ; Mental health services ; Nonprofit organizations ; Parent and child programs ; Parenting support ; Refugees ; Smoking ; Somali community ; Support groups ; Telephones ; Toddlers ; Women ; Young adults ; Youth|
|Service Categories - Blue Book||Multi-Service Departments and Organizations|
|Broader Terms||Adults ; African community ; Age groups ; Children ; Counselling ; Criminal offences ; Cultural communities ; Electronic equipment ; Equipment ; Family support ; Financial services ; Groups ; Health ; Health hazards ; Mental health ; Mental health services ; Organizations ; Parenting support ; Psychotherapy ; Reduced cost services ; Social action|