|Address, Telephone, E-mail, Website|
|Address||2 MacNeil Crt|
Ottawa, ON K2L 4H7
|Intersection||Castlefrank Rd and Hazeldean Rd|
|Located In Community||Kanata|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|After Hours Phone||Answering machine|
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm, September-May * Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm, June-August * Evenings by appointment|
|Description||Community and social services for Kanata, Nepean, West Carleton and Goulbourn |
* Information, referral, short-term counselling for individuals and families * support in times of crisis * Confidential gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and queer (GLBTQ) counselling and referral * Community Development.
* Services for Children, Youth and Families: Ontario Early Years Centre * Confident Children's Program * Bully Prevention Program * Child Witness Program * Child and Youth Community Development * The Zone drop-in for Youth.
* Community Support Programs for seniors and adults with physical disabilities: Adult Day Program * Diners' Club * Home Help and Home Maintenance Program * Respite Care * Friendly Visiting * Telephone Reassurance Program * Meals on Wheels * Transportation to medical and non-medical appointments.
* Violence Against Women Program: Individual and group counselling for abused women and their children * Peer Support program (volunteers supporting abused women) * Chrysalis House, a shelter for abused women (24h crisis line 613-591-5901).
* Millennium Learning Centre
* Seconded services include: Aphasia Centre of Ottawa * Addictions and Problem Gambling Services of Ottawa * Amethyst Women's Addiction Centre * Family Services à la famille Ottawa * Home Management Services * Ottawa Children's Treatment Centre * Healthy Babies, Healthy Children * Healthy Sexuality Clinic * Chinese Community Services * Infant Hearing Clinic (CHEO) * ESL classes * First Words * Speech and/or Language Pathologist * Diabetes Education Program * Parkinson's Society.
|Waiting List||Yes, for the Adult Day Program and children's programs * none for the other programs|
|Eligibility||Residents of Kanata, Goulbourn, West Carleton (and Nepean for Community Support Programs) * Ontario Early Years Centre birth-6 years * Confident Children's Program 6-11 years|
|Application||To find the centre serving your area, visit this link: www.coalitionottawa.ca/en/find-your-chrc.aspx|
|Fees||Service - Fees may apply to some Community Support Services ; None|
|Languages of Service||English ; French|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Boundaries||Kanata, West Carleton, and Goulbourn|
|Primary Executive||Cathy Jordan, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Subjects||Abuse ; Addictions ; Adults ; Charitable status ; Children ; Computers ; Counselling ; Crisis intervention ; Depression ; Drop-in centres ; Families ; Family therapy ; Family violence ; Free services ; Gays ; Group therapy ; Income tax clinics ; Infants ; Information and referral ; Lesbians ; Marriage counselling ; Mental health ; Mental health services ; Nonprofit organizations ; Parent and child programs ; Parenting support ; Parents ; Seniors ; Support groups ; Telephones ; Toddlers ; Toy libraries ; Women ; Young adults ; Youth|
|Service Categories - Blue Book||Multi-Service Departments and Organizations|
|Broader Terms||Adults ; Age groups ; Children ; Counselling ; Criminal offences ; Disorders ; Electronic equipment ; Equipment ; Family support ; Financial services ; Groups ; Health ; Mental disorders ; Mental health ; Mental health services ; Organizations ; Parenting support ; Psychotherapy ; Reduced cost services ; Sexual preferences|