|Address, Telephone, E-mail, Website|
|Address||The Bronson Centre|
211 Bronson Ave, Rm 210
Ottawa, ON K1R 6H5
|Intersection||Bronson Ave and Laurier Ave W|
|Located In Community||Ottawa|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|Parking||Free occasional parking on the street * Pay parking lot|
|After Hours Phone||Answering machine|
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Mon-Thu 10 am-4 pm|
|Description||Information, referrals and support for people and families living with autism or another pervasive developmental disorder. |
* Autism Parents' Support Group: For parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders which meets once a month at a local restaurant.
* Asperger Syndrome Parent Support Group: Information and support for parents of children with Asperger Syndrome (AS) and related disorders. Individuals with AS and interested professionals are also welcome. Monthly support group meetings * presentations * a resource guide * friendship groups * annual picnic
* Aspirations: A group for adults and older teens (ages 16 and up) with Asperger Syndrome * mutual support * guest speakers * educational activities. Parents, other relatives, friends, and professionals are also welcome to attend.
* Families of Adults with Autism Spectrum disorder: Open to parents, siblings, partners, and other family members of adults with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
* Asperger Syndrome Youth group (15-25 years of age): Combines peer support and topical discussion with social activities, such as bowling nights and movie nights. An opportunity for youth and young adults with Asperger Syndrome to socialize with each other while addressing relevant issues like school and dating.
* The ABACUS website: A source of information which allows parents, caregivers, and the general community to be informed consumers of Applied Behavioural Analysis (ABA) services for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) in Ontario. The site also provides a listing of local autism ABA providers. Visit http://www.abacuslist.ca
|Eligibility||Individuals with an Autism Spectrum Disorder and those living or working with people with autism or another Autism Spectrum Disorder|
|Application||To become a member call or apply on-line. To participate in activities call or visit the website.|
|Fees||Membership - individual or family $50|
|Languages of Service||English ; French|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Primary Contact||Jody Brenton, Office Manager|
|Primary Executive||Mimi Goldberg, CLC President; Email: email@example.com|
|Subjects||Adults ; Associations ; Autism ; Blindness ; Cerebral palsy ; Charitable status ; Children ; Deafness ; Down syndrome ; Free services ; Medical information ; Nonprofit organizations ; Parents ; Physical disabilities ; Support groups ; Youth|
|Service Categories - Blue Book||Health|
|Broader Terms||Age groups ; Congenital disorders ; Disabilities ; Diseases ; Disorders ; Groups ; Health ; Impaired hearing ; Impaired vision ; Organizations ; Physical disabilities ; Reduced cost services|