|Address, Telephone, E-mail, Website|
|Address||Beacon Hill Shopping Centre|
2339 Ogilvie Rd
Ottawa, ON K1J 8M6
|Intersection||Montreal Rd and Ogilvie Rd|
|Located In Community||Gloucester|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|After Hours Phone||Answering machine|
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm, September-May * Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4 pm, June-August|
|Description||Services to seniors and adults with physical disabilities or adults in convalescence |
* Support and counselling programs: crisis or support interventions in critical situations until the situation has stabilized and an action plan has been developed (including elder abuse).
* Meals on Wheels: home delivery of diverse, nutritious and balanced hot and frozen meals.
* Grocery bus: a program that offers transportation and accompaniment to the local grocery stores.
* Footcare clinics: provides foot care services to clients in their home or through clinics. Appointments are required by calling the Centre.
* Respite care: services that involve a variety of tasks from sitting and talking to providing reassurance to our clients.
* Day Program (referrals from CCAC): an integrated support service which provides supervised programming in a group setting for clients. Programming includes therapeutic, social and recreational activities for seniors and respite for caregivers.
* Transportation program: provides escorted transportation five days a week, to and from essential services.
* Friendly visiting: matches clients who are alone and lonely, and who would benefit from having a regular visit with volunteers willing to spend a few hours a week providing friendship and companionship.
* Telephone Assurance Program: trained volunteers telephone people who are isolated to verify their well-being and security.
* Support for caregivers: individual and/or group support, education and counselling for caregivers. "You and Your Aging Parent" is a series of workshops offered throughout the year for caregivers.
* Diner's Club/Fun and Fitness: provides nutritious meals, social activities and fitness programs in a group setting. Facilitates referrals and access to the LunchAbility (18-59 years of age) program (a lunch and exercise program for people with physical disabilities).
* Home maintenance and home help: gives access to safe, reliable workers for housecleaning and maintenance.
Snow Go Assist program: Provides a matching service for seniors and people with disabilities looking to hire an individual or contractor to clear snow from private driveways and walkways. Eligible low-income seniors and people with disabilities may also apply to receive financial assistance to pay for a portion of their snow removal costs through this program.
|Eligibility||Open to seniors and adults with physical disabilities and people in convalescence who live in the area served. |
Snow Go Assist program : Seniors and persons with disabilities, must be for the purpose of ensuring mobility. * must be physically unable to clear snow from their private driveway and/or walkway due to their own disability * must lack resources (people and/or financial) to arrange for clearing of snow from their private driveway and/or walkway
|Application||Call for more information or to apply. |
Snow Go Assist program: Participants must provide proof of active enrolment in one or more of the following programs to prove that they meet the program objectives:
* GIS (Guaranteed Income Supplement)
* ODSP (Ontario Disability Support Program)
* Canada Pension Plan Disability Benefit
* Ontario Works plus proof of disability and/or senior (60 years and older)
* Essential Health and Social Supports plus proof of disability and/or senior (60 years and older)
* Home Help plus proof of disability and/or senior (60 years and older)
* Low income senior or person with a disability (proof may be required)
* Special Circumstances may be considered
For more information on the Snow Go program, visit this link: ottawa.ca/en/social_com/seniors/snow_go
|Fees||Service - Some services have fees associated to them.|
|Languages of Service||English ; French ; Interpretive Services|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Boundaries||Former Cities of Gloucester and Cumberland|
|Primary Contact||Nathalie Lafrenière, Program Manager; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Renée Ladouceur-Beauchamp, Executive Director; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Subjects||Accompaniment services ; Adults ; Caregiver services ; Caregiver support ; Charitable status ; Congregate dining ; Foot care ; Free services ; Friendly visiting ; Home help ; Home support ; Homemaking ; Nonprofit organizations ; Physical disabilities ; Reduced cost services ; Repairs ; Respite care ; Security checks ; Seniors ; Snow removal ; Socially isolated adults|
|Service Categories - Blue Book||Home Support Services|
|Broader Terms||Adults ; Age groups ; Caregiver relief ; Caregiver services ; Disabilities ; Health services ; Home help ; Home support ; Organizations ; Reduced cost services ; Treatments|