Sonshine Associated Companies
|Description and Services|
|Hours||Office Mon-Fri 9 am-5 pm * Residence Mon-Sun 24 hours|
|Description||Providing treatment and care within a Christian valued setting for children and adults * Placement with agency is often an alternative to institutional placement. Services: |
* Therapeutic Foster Homes: a family setting for children requiring more care and supervision than provided in a regular foster home.
* S.A.F.E. Medical Foster Homes: a family and non-institutionalized setting for children / adults who have significant medical needs, requiring more physical care and medical care than would be normally provided in other foster homes.
* Total Care Residence (physical and developmental disabilities): Serving total care adults and providing part-time respite for total care children / adults
* Residence for Adults with Develpmental Disabilities: Serving young people / adults with a developmental disability. Part-time respite care is available.
* R.A.Y.S. Day Program (Reach All Your Stars): A specialized day program for adult clients with developmental disabilities. Operates Mon-Fri 10 am-4 pm, year round except statutory holidays.
* Sonshine Cove: Residential camps for all children, youth and adults with special needs, including physical and developmental / learning disabilities; winter and summer camps; weekend respite camps once a month year-round.
Rentals of retreat/conference centre to the general public * main lodge has capacity of 45+ people * fully winterized * large sports field * canoes * motorboats * hiking * skiing and more
|Eligibility||People of all ages with developmental or physical disabilities * eligibility criteria vary according to program|
|Application||Call for information * For rentals, contact Len Goddard * To book the Sonshine Singers for a performance, contact Cathy Goddard|
|Fees||Service - Fees are on website ; Rental discounts for the retreat/conference centre may apply in slow periods and for large groups|
|Languages of Service||English ; French - Some services only|
|Areas Served||Ottawa (City of)|
|Primary Contact||Cathy Goddard, Foster Care Recruitment, Program Manager, Camp Director; Phone: 613-834-8187 ext 28; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Len Goddard, Executive Director; Phone: 613-834-8187 ext 22; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Executive||Margo Babe, Adult Services Manager; Phone: 613-834-8187 ext 32; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Name||Sonshine Families|
|Location & Accessibility|
|Address||1807 St Joseph Blvd, Unit 307|
Ottawa, ON K1C 7C6
|Intersection||Jeanne D'Arc Blvd S and St Joseph Blvd|
|Located In Community||Orléans|
|Bus Route Notes||OC Transpo OC Travel Planner or OC Bus Schedules|
|Subjects||Adults ; Camps ; Canoeing ; Children ; Choirs ; Conferences ; Day programs ; Developmental disabilities ; Foster care ; Hiking ; Music ; Physical disabilities ; Recreation ; Recreational activities ; Rentals ; Residential care ; Respite care ; Seniors ; Service businesses ; Skiing ; Special events ; Sports ; Sports equipment ; Sports facilities ; Swimming ; Young adults ; Youth|
|Accreditation||No * Member of Ontario Residential Care Association * Licensed by the Ministry of Community and Social Services|